httpMaybeRemovePublic and collapsed_forwarding

From: Benno Rice <benno_at_jeamland.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:45:52 +1000

So I'm working on some patches that make squid-2 more RFC conformant
in it's handling of certain methods, mainly in the area of evicting
certain entries when various methods are seen. The function that is
the main part of this handling is http.c:httpMaybeRemovePublic. This
method is not called in the case where collapsed_forwarding is enabled.

Can someone fill me in on why this isn't called in the
collapsed_forwarding case? I've got some ideas but I'm not confidant
enough in my reading of the code to be sure that I'm right. Mainly it
feels like we're very careful that the StoreEntry in use may not be
"right" in someway. Is there some way I can tell whether it's safe to
run httpMaybeRemovePublic in the collapsed case?

Many thanks,
        Benno.

--
Benno Rice