breaking out the core code!

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:48:01 +0800

So I've broken out the basic core code in the Cacheboy tree and
re-used it in a simple TCP proxy.

I ripped off the SSL tunnelling code (thanks Duane, etc!) to implement
the TCP proxy. It was -mostly- easy to do; there's always another
strange thing lurking under the surface which I hadn't thought about.

The changelog: http://code.google.com/p/cacheboy/source/list?path=/branches/CACHEBOY_PRE

The tcp proxy as an example:
http://code.google.com/p/cacheboy/source/browse/branches/CACHEBOY_PRE/app/tcptest

Basic profiling results (over a LAN; I haven't yet setup a proper WAN
emulation environment; thats next weeks' task!):
http://cacheboy.blogspot.com/2008/06/heres-output-trace-im-running-it-on-sun.html

The user-space CPU usage is about 5% at the moment, but 10% of that is
vfprintf() and sub-calls. In a -tcp proxy-. Gah!

adrian