Re: [squid-users] Adding Header file

From: Paras Fadte <plfgoa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:27:50 +0530

Hi,

Does compiling C/C++ code (lile apache ,squid ) with gcc optimization
option "-O2" gives better performance . I think all the GNU packages
have -O2 option enabled by default. But I was curious to know if it
indeed increases the performance over a code not compiled with "-O2"
option ?

Sorry for a generic question.

Thank you.

-Paras