Re: Squid 3.1 pre1?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:33:12 +0200

tis 2008-07-15 klockan 01:45 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
> I thought you and Alex had thrashed that all out to understanding weeks
> back? At least as far as I followed the thread it all made sense.

We got to the point where there was understanding why this new family of
races occur, but not sure about the resolution.. and pretty sure nothing
has been done about it.

Alex?

> Whats left in your mind as unsorted?

A way of making the code a bit deterministic?

Unlike the earlier recursion race the asynccall timing race is a bit of
a nightmare to debug postmortem.. which will very likely cause many gray
hairs while trying to analyze debug reports..

> From a user perspective 3.1 is stable enough for uses and testing.
> Thats why I'm proposing a PRE. I think the last few bugs and any Async
> side-effects we have not found yet can be worked out in a few
> PRE-cycles. As long as its started before any more big features go in to
> muddle things up again.

Hopefully.