Re: Host headers for accelerator origins

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:21:26 +1200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On tor, 2008-07-17 at 09:09 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Well, what we should really do is document exactly whats going on, so
>> we can then write tests to ensure the code matches the intent.
>
> The intent is that nothing goes on unless one explicitly asks for it.

As he did in this case with 'vhost' option.

> Which means an URL is an URL is an URL. It should not magically change
> into another URL unless explicitly asked for.

My understanding was that the correct behavior is:

  - default or 'accel': no re-writing done. Assume the client did it
properly, too bad if not.
  - never re-write to the cache_peer 'name' or label EVER.
  - with 'vhost' configure on the http_port should re-write URL domain
to the Host: FQDN.
  - with no Host: but defaultsite, should re-write as above to fixed
defaultsite value.
  - same for vport