Testing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:41:59 +1200

I've now worked out the last bashisms in the ./test-builds.sh scripts
already committed to trunk. It is supposed to work on most Linux and BSD
variants now.

What I'd like from everyone, is that you all get in the habit of running
it as the last level of test checks on any development branch before
submitting for merge.

It's designed to be as intensive as reasonably possible on configure
permutations. It may seem to be an extra time-consuming hassle, but it
really will help catch more protection-macro and typo bugs. On
good-enough code it only needs running once.

Thanks.