Re: plain patches and shared bundlebuggy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:22:50 +0200

On tis, 2008-07-22 at 20:57 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:

> I think that now is time to stop the wasting of my very limited free time.

And that's exactly what we are trying to do. Make sure that there is as
little impact as possible on the things you need to do for the windows
port, and also enable you to work on squid-3 even while bzr is broken
for you.

Moving the NT branch back to SourceForge is probably the path with least
possible impact on your work, while at the same time giving you more
freedom in what may be done in the branch. And will give you the exact
same environment for both Squid-2 & Squid-3 that you have been working
with for years.

There is only two small differences:

 a) The cvsroot location.

 b) Procedure for merging changes back in the main tree. Instead of you
merging them manually and commit, just fire an email to squid-dev and
let others worry about getting the change committed in the main tree.
Preferably with a patch attached (or at least an indication which
changes should be merged over to the main tree).

> So, I have a more effective proposal that will fix definitively all
> Windows portability problems:

I am not going to comment on that.