Re: plain patches and shared bundlebuggy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:56:48 +0200

On tis, 2008-07-22 at 08:51 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:

> With bzr we have already killed Squid3 on Windows, do you also want to
> kill Squid2 ???????

No, we do not want to make your life any harder than it is. But at the
same time we are really pushing the limits of CVS far beyond what it can
sustain.

No matter what happens with the main repository CVS will be kept on
devel.squid-cache.org for as long as there is developers using CVS,
mirroring the trunks and branches needed by those developers, and is
partly why I propose that the SquidNT branch is moved back there until
things settle. This way you get almost completely shielded from whatever
VCS experiments or migrations going on, with the exception being when
you need to commit something back on the main branch/trunk.

A possible drawback may be the lack of release tags, but are you using
those today or just syncronising the cvsmerge updates with when the
releases are made? (such tags can be added to the mirror if needed)