Re: squid-2.HEAD: fwdComplete/Fail before comm_close

From: Alexander V. Lukyanov <lav_at_netis.ru>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:55:57 +0400

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:57:03PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Can you please file a bug report on this? Preferably with a stack trace
> of the crash if possible..

Unfortunately, the core dump was corrupted that time. And yes, it was before 22/07.

> The second change looks wrong and should be a fwdFail..

I used fwdComplete so that the excess data will be just ignored.
E.g. when the server sends reply to HEAD request and for any reason
adds some data to it (in violation of the protocol), squid could still
forward the reply without the data. OTOH it is very rare and does not
matter much. It would be fine with fwdFail too.

--
   Alexander.