Re: Environment to build a squid helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:00:18 +0200

On ons, 2008-08-13 at 16:25 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> > Or maybe = "" should be equivalent to SetEmpty() in which case the
> > original code works, and can be simplified a lot... not sure how
> > IPAddress is supposed to work here, if it at all is supposed to be used
> > in = ""..
>
> It should be capable of accepting it. "" == NULL == "garbage" to IPAddress.

Assigning "garbage" is an error.

What should the IPAddress be set to in such case?

> IIRC, the ACLIP::match() logics depend on addr2 being either the end of a
> range different to addr1 or empty for optimal testing. addr1==addr2 is
> worst-case match() state for every request.

I suspect normalising all specifications into ranges may actually be the
optimal case.. that way the match function becomes very simple, just a
memcmp if you like.. (well, two memcmp, one for each bound, and
preferably with alignment attributes so GCC optimizes them fully). But
it requires finally dropping support for non-contiguous netmasks.