Re: 3.2 plans

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:02:15 -0600

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 15:06 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> At the AusMeeting08 we also laid out a few features needed in 3.2.
>
> I've cleaned up the quick roadmap notes we made live. Now seemed like a
> good time to experiment with the priority-based ordering system
> discussed a few months back.
> Could people please have a look at the Squid-3 roadmap page and give
> their opinions on that new ordering system. Better/Worse/Ugly?
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/RoadMap/Squid3
>
> We will also shortly need to set a deadline for feature requests to 3.2.
> I'm minded to say end October (mirroring the suggested 3.1 release date).

I am not quite sure what Priority rating gives us in practice and I am
not sure we should order items by priority rather than by likelihood of
completion.

If a developer commits to adding a feature, what effect will priority
have on that person? As for users, their priority is usually more
complex than a 1/2/3 rating _we_ can assign. User priority is very
context-dependent and is relative to other features, budget, time, etc.

HTH,

Alex.