Re: [MERGE] Fixes to configure.in and build-test layer-01

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:54:55 +1200

Kinkie wrote:
> While doing some build-testing I've noticed that configure doesn't
> handle gracefully some malformed --with(out) arguments.
>
> This patch addresses three related issues:
> - makes the error messages for those cases more informative
> - changes some (echo + exit) sequences into AC_MSG_ERROR() standard
> autoconf macros
> - changes the layer-01 test options so that it doesn't invoke invalid
> configure options

Great. Thank you for catching this.

I'm just thinking we should add graceful handling of
--without-default-user with these changes.

> Note that build-test layer-01, now that it actually builds, fails for me
> on Gentoo Linux on x86 with an error
>
> testIPAddress.cc:597:Assertion
> Test name: testIPAddress::testAddrInfo
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 2
> - Actual : 10
>
> I expect this to be triggered by some ipv6-related option (or
> combination of options) set in configure by layer-01.
> This patch does NOT address that issue.

Nope, that is showing a genuine fault building on your Gentoo.
Layer 01 should be equivalent there to any IPv4-only build.

We will have to track down which bits of addrinfo are not being set
properly by squid. It's usually turned out to be the flow option
defaults or ABI differences.