Re: Architecture Overview

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:54:00 +0800

2008/8/26 Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>:

>> The second merge will probably be after I've rewritten larger parts of
>> HTTP parser, introduced the string related reorganisation from
>> s27_adri and introduced the reference counted buffers/strings.
>
> Approximately when do you think the second merge will happen?

I'm not sure; I haven't yet written the code.

Possibly 3 months after the first merge? Thats how much time I
estimated it'd take for me to bring over the code.

The first merge is the issue. Squid-2 should migrate to subversion or
bzr first before I start doing large-scale source shuffling . I'll
then have to unwind all of the patches from my subversion tree and
commit them individually to Squid-2 trunk as appropriate. I'm going to
guess that and running by the changes through squid-dev will take
quite a while.

Adrian

Adrian