Re: Refresh patterns and ACLs

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:34:59 +1200

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> One of the things that came up in Sydney briefly was whether the
> stale-while-revalidate and max-stale refresh_pattern options would be
> better expressed as ACLs.
>
> Taking this a bit further, could/should the same be true of the rest of
> the refresh_pattern options (and perhaps of the patterns themselves)?
>
> E.g., I have a user who wants to ignore-reload selectively based upon
> client IP; surely a good fit for an ACL if there ever were one...
>
> Just food for thought,

Do you mean make a seperate tag? ie, send_stale [acl ...]

Um, I woudn't do all of the refresh_pattern options over, some actually
do match the logical idea of affecting the keep/replace state of a
cached object.

But the options that apply to active requests cached or not should be
moved out to somewhere more understandable.