Re: [MERGE] Removed code handling K&R-style varargs.

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:15:40 +0200

Hi,

At 10.31 25/08/2008, Kinkie wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Guido Serassio
><guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it> wrote:
> > Hi Amos, Kinkie,

> >> The catch here is that .c files are not guaranteed to be built with a C++
> >> compiler. This will need wide testing.
> >
> > On Visual Studio .c files MUST be compiled in "C" mode. Building
> in C++ mode
> > will broke the link process cause the Visual Studio C++ function decoration
>
>Sure, that's no problem and I'm not suggesting we change that.
>The question is: does Visual Studio in C mode handle STDC-style
>varargs declarations?If I sent you a windows-line-terminated tarball
>of the sources with
>patch, would you be willing to test-run it?

This test currently cannot be done: Squid-3 HEAD is already broken on
Visual Studio since 2 - 3 months .... :-(

>Or alternatively, could I borrow a vmware image of a windows system
>with the dev-stack to test it out?

I have already considered such solution: it will be very useful to
have a development VM available somewhere.

But there is a problem:
Software licenses for Microsoft products.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio_at_acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/