Re: Refresh patterns and ACLs

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:55:35 +1000

On 29/08/2008, at 11:20 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On fre, 2008-08-29 at 10:44 +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> I'm not convinced it's a great solution, but something like URISpace
>> may be appropriate;
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/urispace.html
>
> Not very different in function, besides being XML..
>
> However, the URISpace xml tag space is a bit too limited, so it
> needs to
> be extended a lot. And it's focus is a little different from what we
> need in a general sense (but may fit reasonably well for a reverse
> proxy
> or web server).

The whole point is that it's extensible. Being XML makes it portable,
encourages tool development, etc. (which is what we were looking for
at Akamai).

Again, I'm not saying that this is the answer -- IMO URISpace is too
compex (although so is the problem space); I just despair of having
yet another solution in this space; see

http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/
http://xrds-simple.net/
http://www.sitemaps.org/

ad nauseum...

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com