Re: [squid-users] state of gzip/transfer-encoding?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:21:13 +1200 (NZST)

> So how much is needed exactly to support this when we currently don't
> support HTTP/1.1?

The existing experimental patch for 3.0.pre2 adds a ClientStreams handler
for de/encoding as needed.
It's really only a matter of caching things properly (ETag from server of
squid-generated), and fiddling the headers slightly as they transit Squid
in both directions. Should not matter which HTTP/1.x version is used at
the header level, since both can handle compressed data objects.

3.1 already does TE decoding. But we can't do the TE encoding until 1.1,
only Content-Type re-coding.

Amos