Re: Update of "Features/FeatureTemplate"

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:53:11 -0600

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 04:59 +0000, wiki_at_wiki.squid-cache.org wrote:

> The following page has been changed by Amos Jeffries:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/FeatureTemplate?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4
>
> The comment on the change is:
> update template to mention who things get auto-listed in RoadMap and FAQ and Priority

> = Feature: What do you want others to call this feature? =
>
> + ## Move this down into the details documentation when feature is complete.
> * '''Goal''': What must this feature accomplish? Try to use specific, testable goals so that it is clear whether the goal was satisfied. Goals using unquantified words such as "improve", "better", or "faster" are often not testable. Do not specify ''how'' you will accomplish the goal (use the Details section below for that).

I think a clearly stated and concise Goal should be left for
documentation and historical reasons.

> + ## Remove this entry entirely if the feature is completed and users need to know about.
> + ## it will then be auto-listed in the Squid FAQ.
> * '''Status''': What is the current status? Standard choices are ''Not started'', ''In progress'', and ''Completed''. You can specify details after a semicolon (e.g., the reason why the development has not started yet or the first release version).

Without the Status tag, how will a person know that the feature is
completed and available then? Users do not know about our internal
rules. Will they have to interpret the Version tag?

Thank you,

Alex.