[RFC] COSS removal from 3.0

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 01:46:15 +1200

I'm expecting to roll 3.0.STABLE9 sometime over the next 5 days.

One update still to be done is the removal of COSS.

I had planned on just dead-coding (disabling) it. But with the configure
recursion being dynamic thats not easily possible.

I'm currently considering dropping an #error abortion into the top of
all COSS code files to kill any builds trying to use it. Anyone have a
better way? drop the code entirely from 3.0?