[Newbie] Introduction Mail

From: Kulbir Saini <kulbirsaini_at_students.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 00:37:30 +0530

Hi List,

     I am Kulbir Saini, a final year CSE student at IIIT Hyderabad,
India [1]. I am a fedora user and developer and work on
IntelligentMirror[2] which helps in caching rpm packages in an effective
manner to stop re-downloading of the same package from different mirrors.

     Also, I am a student system administrator at my university where I
maintain proxy (squid on centos), mail and web servers. We have more
than 2000 permanent clients (students) on a single squid server.

     I want to join this list to know more about store_url_rewrite and
url_rewriter developments so that I can enhance my project,
IntelligentMirror. Also, I would be interested in a few hacks for
caching and how to get most out of your caching policies.

PS : I am an all time python user. I have worked with c/c++ previously
but I am a bit paranoid about those languages.

[1] http://www.iiit.ac.in/
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/intelligentmirror

Thank you,
Kulbir Saini,
Computer Science and Engineering,
International Institute of Information Technology,
Hyderbad, India - 500032.

My Home-Page: http://saini.co.in/
My Web-Blog: http://fedora.co.in/

IRC nick : generalBordeaux
Channels : #fedora, #fedora-devel, #yum on freenode

believed to be clean.