Re: [MERGE] Finish forward-porting HTCP enhancements from squid 2.HEAD.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:45:53 +1200

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:00 +1000, Benno Rice wrote:
>> This is a forward-port of the HTCP changes I made to squid 2.HEAD.
>>
>> Changes include:
>>
>> - Ability to send HTCP CLR requests when objects are invalidated or purged from
>> the cache.
>> - Config logic to allow the following:
>> - HTCP peers who ONLY receive CLR messages from us.
>> - HTCP peers who NEVER receive CLR messages from us.
>> - HTCP peers who NEVER receive CLR messages from us for PURGE requests.
>> - HTCP peers who are forwarded CLR messages we receive.
>> - Code to support all of the above.
>
> Please document htcpForwardClr() purpose. Are we forwarding something to
> all HTCP peers there?
>
> Please document htcpClear() purpose.
>
> Please document neighborsHtcpClear() purpose.
>
> If possible, please document htcpHandle() since you are modifying and
> renaming it. Here and above, I am just asking for a brief "purpose"
> comment before the function, for those who will need to debug it or see
> it in a stack trace.
>
>> + htcpStuff stuff;
>
> Not your fault, but is there a more descriptive name for that object? :-)
>

>> debug(15, 1) ("neighborsHtcpClear: clear reason: %d\n", reason);
>
> There are a few statements logged at level 1, including statements
> inside loops. That may be perfectly fine, but please make sure you
> intended it that way.

Ooh, thanks for picking that up Alex.
  Also, the code there should be: debugs(A, B, C);
  We really need to upgrade the last remaining users of debug(,)();

NP: the top two debug levels now have macro names and a specific
intended audience. Please check and fix all such you encounter.

   0 == DBG_CRITICAL - for problems, which may or may not be fatal to
squid. But are certainly a major fatal issue for the users transaction.
Admin visible at all times.

  1 == BDG_IMPORTANT - for notice of issues which may cause problems.
Usually non-fatal but the admin can do something about it by themselves
to make things work better. Admin visible if debug_options is set.