Re: Strategy

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:15:45 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 09:13 +0200, Kinkie wrote:
>
>> I also take your comment as an encouragement to keep on working with
>> SBuf. If that's not the case, please stop me now, as while I have some
>> time to devote to squid, time is still too precious a resource to
>> waste it fruitlessly.
>
> I encourage you to select Squid projects that match your interests and
> expertise the best. As for the String project, which you have already
> selected and invested in, I hope you will find a way to lovingly
> implement valid recommendations, even when you feel that your design
> choices are superior.

[...]

> That's exactly the problem in a project like String. See above for my
> suggestions on how to bring the cost of this project down to an
> acceptable level.

So be it; I'll try to follow the suggestions you've given to me to the
best of my ability.
For those where I can't see a clean solution (SBuf meddling with
SBufStore and related visibility issues, SBuf/String dualism and
isNull() being the clearest examples), I'll ask you to show me a
sample alternate interface and code stubs AFTER 3.1 has branched. I
have plenty to do without going into those anyways...

Thanks

--
 /kinkie