Re: [Server-devel] Squid tuning recommendations for OLPC School Server tuning...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:18:41 +0200

On ons, 2008-09-24 at 14:14 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> Good hint, thanks! If we did have such a control, what is the wired
> memory that squid will use for each entry? In an email earlier I
> wrote...

For on-disk objects about 100 bytes.

In-memory objects obviously uses a lot more. Probably something like 1kb
+ the object size rounded up to 4k pages.

Also disable the client db unless you need to use the maxconn acl

  client_db off

And don't configure with too many filedescriptors. The default 1024 is
probably reasonable for the environment. (Note: configure flag in
squid-3, squid.conf option in 2.7)