Re: [RFC] 3.1 branching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:15:28 +0200

On fre, 2008-09-26 at 13:25 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> logdaemon, internal redirectors, and netdb are big component changes. But
> not squid-wide.

Yes. Isolated feature changes. Number of lines added/deleted does not
matter much, the complexity is in the amount of changes to existing
code.

> The cleanup merger is much closer to squid-wide surgery as all file
> includes get touched in some way. That HAS to wait for reformat, layout,
> and trunk to settle post-branch.

You may want to wait with that until 3.1 is stable. But it depends on
how much code is moved around. If it's mainly include file changes then
probably it won't matter. Haven't followed that project closely so I
really can't comment on the nature of the changes.

A reasonable complexity estimate is the number of change chunks /
(number of files changed + 3) I think.

> We seem to have an agreement. Now lets get back to code and bug eh?

+1