Re: Deprecating URL passwords in cache_object://

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:15:41 +0200

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> On lör, 2008-10-04 at 08:22 +0200, Kinkie wrote:
>
>> We already are, see /squid-internal-static, cache digests and friends.
>> Rather than configuring a different port/interface I'd prefer making
>> the access path configurable (/squid-internal-*)
>
> Well.. not really. See global_internal_static directive. And the
> non-static ones requires the host component to match unique_hostname,
> visible_hostname or hostname_aliases.
>
> cachemgr functions over http should be the same as the dynamic ones,
> requiring a known hostname match.

...which is exactly what I was suggesting at the beginning of this thread.
For rproxy scenarios, global_internal_static should cover the cases
Mark is worried about.
The only doubt I may have is how to best express access control (the
current implementation is IMVHO kludgy).

--
    /kinkie