Re: 3.1 default features

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 22:06:29 +1300

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 00:56 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Well, we are on the countdown for 3.1.0.1
>> 19 bugs and dropping.
>>
>> What features are you folks thinking we should turn on by
>> default in 3.1?
>>
>> My votes:
>> * IPv6
>> * error localization
>> * Null store (already on)
>> * connection pinning (already on)
>>
>> Others maybe:
>> * ICMP (now has a squid.conf control)
>> * QoS
>
> IIRC, Kinkie has suggested that eCAP is auto-enabled _if_ libecap is
> installed. Good idea or too unpredictable/confusing?

Good idea AND too confusing.

On the eCAP side. I've found an issue with its configure tests. Seems to
me that the MSG_ERROR and MSG_FATAL are the wrong way around.
Should be:
* FATAL if ecap listed with explicit disable-loadable
* ERROR with failover to disable, if ecap listed but libraries missing.

Without a sane failover we can't do portable permutation testing of the
ecap code asent libecap. The existing testbed does not handle fatal exit
cases yet.