Re: 3.1.0.1 coming up fast

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:00:34 -0600

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 23:15 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> As you may be able to tell from my latest commits we are fast heading
> towards 3.1.0.1.
>
> Now rolling a new snapshot for the updated Release Notes and ChangeLog.
>
> Administrative stuff still needed:
>
> * check and update ./configure setting release notes

> * Better description (sect 4) on:
> SslBump
> eCAP
> Loadable modules

I can work on the above three subitems.

> .. .others?

> * second opinion on sect 4 version renumbering description. Does my
> description of the 3.1.* numbering match everyones understanding of it?
>
> * Vote: should we old 3.1.0.1 for ntlm_auth helper rename?
> * Vote: should we hold 3.1.0.1 for SourceLayout commits?

I do not have a strong preference. If nobody does, you should release
without waiting if you think there are already important features/fixes
that folks running 3.1 would benefit from.

> * Can anyone port the COSS stability stuff in time for 3.1 stable?
> Or should we disable it now for 3.1 as done for 3.0?

I may be able to work on this, but I will not know for sure for another
week or so.

> * Are there any other possible blockers for 3.1.0.1 known?

IMO, if current 3.1 state is noticeably better than 3.1.0.0, then it is
OK to release 3.1.0.1 provided you have the time to do the release.
Unpolished features or isolated bugs are expected in these releases.

> Mark/Alex: what are the chances of a RFC2616 compliance scan shortly
> after the package actually rolls?

Mark, do you need anything from me to run the tests and analyze the
results? Do you have the time to do that?

Thank you,

Alex.