Re: Where to put ACL* sources

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:23:17 -0600

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 09:01 +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 13:20 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> >
> > Should we dump all ACL* and excternal_acl.* sources to acl/? Or should
> > some of the protocol or feature-specific ACL sources live where those
> > sources live? For example, should ICAP-related ACLs live in acl/ or
> > adaptation/icap/?
> >
> > Another question is whether the common ACL directory should be named
> > acl
> > or acls. The latter seems more appropriate if we are going to dump
> > many
> > ACLs there and not just the base type.
>
> I would like:
> - feature specific acls with the feature
> - the base type and generic support - the framework if you will - in
> the main source directory
> - all the non-feature-specific acl implementations in acls/

There will be virtually no sources in "main source directory", I hope
(the whole idea for this project is to classify and segregate sources
into more manageable pieces). On the other hand, we could place the ACL
framework sources in acl/ and specific non-feature ACLs in acls/. Would
that be good enough?

Cheers,

Alex.