Re: monitor* feature from 2.6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 03:37:18 +0200

On sön, 2008-10-19 at 14:09 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> I know this is an old thread, but if somebody is going to work on this,
> please add some logic/options that would allow the peer to stay "up"
> after N sequential failures. The current Squid2 monitoring code is not
> usable in busy environments with occasional isolated failures between
> essential peers.

Yes, there need to be a dampening function.

I don't know why we (me @ MARA) didn't implement that when the feature
was first implemented in Squid rproxy patch. We already had such
implementations in many other similar tests outside Squid for well known
reasons..

Thanks for the reminder. Now were do we place this so it's not forgotten
again? A feature page?