ACL and/or http_access not working in 3.1 beta

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder_at_snydernet.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:11:32 -0400

Hello.

With the 25 Oct 2008 snapshot of the v3.1 beta (running on x86_64
Linux), I find that sequences of ACL definitions and "http_access deny"
do not work. No errors are seen in the logs when Squid parses the
config file at start-up, yet the specified sites are not denied

Example #1:

acl snapcom dstdomain .snap.com
http_access deny snapcom

Example #2:

acl pogotime time SMTFA 00:00-23:59
acl pogosite dstdomain .pogo.com
http_access deny pogosite pogotime

These same constructions are working fine in Squid v2.7S5. With
v3.1-20081025 the specified sites are *not* denied. I see no
indication in squid.conf.documented that the syntax has changed.

Is this behavior a flat-out bug, or is there some subtle v2.7 --> 3.1
change that I'm not comprehending?

Note that I am running a url_rewrite_program. Could this be a factor
Squid's refusal to honor my configured "http_access deny" statements?

Please CC me with any responses as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks.