Re: [RFC] What would you think about importing IRC logs into the wiki?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:24:20 +1300

Kinkie wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Alex Rousskov
> <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> I do not know whether folks discussing personal and business issues on
>> IRC would welcome a searchable archive, so proceed with caution.
>>
>> Thank you,
>
> I agree. Hence the RFC.
> A wiki-based archive has a plus on a fixed-text one is that any wiki
> editor can strip any unwanted logs.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, I'm waiting for more before doing anything.

I think we should do it when we hold meetings. But not as a matter of
routine.

While it would be nice to see whats being discussed while I'm asleep.
Most of what goes through there has been 1-1 help or small
collaborations to get something fixed fast. Not exactly important
information, or the result has soon come out in email anyway.

#squid also often has a higher level of confidential info than
squid-users, which people may not appreciate being published long-term.

-0. I don't think its worth the trouble moderation would require.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.1