The cache deny QUERY change... partial rollback?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:34:24 +0100

After analyzing a large cache with significantly declining hit ratio
over the last months I have came to the conclusion that the removal of
cache deny QUERY can have a very negative impact on hit ratio, this due
to a number of flash video sites (youtube, google, various porno sites
etc) who include per-view unique query parameters in the URL and
responding with a cachable response.

Because of this I suggest that we add back the cache deny rule in the
recommended config, but leave the refresh_pattern change as-is.

People running reverse proxies or combating these cache busting sites
using store rewrites know how to change the cache rules, while many
users running general proxy servers are quite negatively impacted by
these sites if caching of query urls is allowed.