Re: Adding a missing header - Squid 2.7STABLE5

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:42:07 -0700

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 08:24 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2008-12-03 klockan 00:26 -0200 skrev Lucas Brasilino:
>
> > Since when there's a POST request without 'Content-Length' header
> > rises an error, I was
> > playing around (just for fun) to add this header to request before the
> > request headers gets processed. I've tried to add
> > a code like:
>
> That's the wrong approach. What is needed is to add support for chunked
> encoding in the request path. Currently only supported in the response
> path.

Exactly. Meanwhile, I wrote a _hack_ to support chunked requests by
reading the entire chunked body, dechunking it, removing the
Transfer-Encoding header, and adding the Content-Length header. All
before the usual Squid code starts looking at the request body... The
maximum buffer size is configurable via squid.conf.

I will post the changes shortly on lp, with various other v3.0
improvements.

Thank you,

Alex.