Re: Squid 3.1.0.5 uses memory without bounds

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:01:35 +1300

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 12:38:42AM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
>> I'm using Squid 3.1.0.5 on my amd64 system (Debian unstable), and I'm having
>> problems that it seems to use RAM without bounds (about 1GB/week) even though
>> my cache_mem is only 128MB. I ran it through valgrind, and it showed a few
>> leaks and lots of memory that was still reachable. (I started Squid using
>> -NYC, and exited it with Ctrl-C.) I hope someone can find and fix these issues; restarting Squid every week is not a very good option :-)

Hi Steinar,
  Alex has been looking into this one as well now. I've cc'd so you can
send him a trace as well if you continue to have squid-dev issues.

A few things are still a little hidden due to the compiler optimizations
and valgrind behavior, would it be possible that you rebuild squid with
  --disable-optimizations and also make sure that --enable-valgrind is
used. Then generate a new valgrind trace from the rebuild Squid?

Thanks.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5