Re: votes..

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:25:19 -0700

On 02/11/2009 03:17 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tor 2009-02-12 klockan 08:25 +1100 skrev Robert Collins:
>
>> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 23:20 +0200, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>>
>>> May I ask, about the votes, which is the procedure? Who is giving access
>>> to bundlebuggy? Or it is something I do not need it?
>>>
>> I can add users, but I don't consider myself the decider - rather the
>> community here is.
>>
> iirc the defined voting procedure is that all registered developers have
> vote rights (that's everyone subscribed on squid-dev I suppose, within
> reason), and the core team have veto rights.

Your recollection is correct. I think it is even documented on the
Squid3 submission instructions wiki page.

In practice, I am guessing Robert cannot or does not want to add all
squid-dev subscribers automatically so one needs to ask him to be added
to the BB voting registry. Robert, is there a way to auto-add all
squid-dev? Also, BB cannot distinguish core votes from others, right?
> it's supposed to be an enlightened community, not a democracy or
> monarchy.
A new form of governance! Or is it what elves use? :-)

Cheers,

Alex.