Re: Feature: quota control

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:22:03 -0700

On 02/26/2009 04:04 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I was talking about request number quotas (e.g., "you can make n
> requests in m minutes").
>
> Regarding byte quotes -- see subsequent message -- I disagree that you
> need eCAP :)
eCAP is one way of doing byte- and/or count- quotas, but there are, of
course, other approaches as well.

I am still not very excited about the slow bloat of redirectors&Co API
towards duplication of *CAP functionality, but perhaps it is inevitable.
If it is, a clean unified interface among all such one-line external
helpers would make that duplication a lot less painful.

Cheers,

Alex.