Re: [MERGE] build-test: fixed err detection and added multi-test support

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:34:49 -0600

On 03/10/2009 09:11 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> It does not matter what the testbed script tries to do in this case. The
> facts are that the overloaded all-am target in root Makefile is:
>
> 1) not always the last target evaluated by make
> 2) sometimes evaluated when previous targets have failed
>
> This should be enough to see the design flaw, IMO. You can argue that
> you have carefully scripted testbed's make calls to minimize the harmful
> effects of that flaw, but they are not completely eliminated, require
> constant attention as the script and Makefiles are updated, and the flaw
> is still there. Why not just fix the flaw? That is what the proposed
> patch does.

A fresh case in point:

  TESTING: layer-02-maximus
  BUILD: .././test-suite/buildtests/layer-02-maximus.opts
  Build Failed:
  Build Successful.
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/EsiLayout/btlayer-02-maximus'

This, of course, can be fixed by grepping more than just the last log
line, but the proper fix is not the endless grep fight, but the robust
and simple design based on the exit-code.

Thank you,

Alex.

>>> 2) The string is logged when make fails if make is told to ignore