Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r9573: SourceLayout: acl/, take 1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:16:22 +1300

Kinkie wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Robert Collins <robertc_at_squid-cache.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2009-03-15 at 14:04 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>>> If some ACL type is not registered with Squid executable, do you think
>>> test-build would expose the problem, with the current set of tests? I
>>> doubt it would.
>>>
>>> This lack of runtime testing of registered types is probably the
>>> reason
>>> why I have not noticed the problem reported by Christos even though I
>>> did run test-build script. I am guessing we need to add test cases
>>> that
>>> test registration.
>> squid --parse of a config with one-of-everything should do it.
>
> This sounds to me like a GREAT addition to the test-suite...
> Amos? What do you think?

Hmm, I've been thinking parse tests were needed. But as unit-tests.
Unit-tests would still be *best* IMO since they can cover all the
permutation tests and failure cases very quickly.

But as a temporary measure we could hack up some squid.conf to run
--parse over as final step to each build test (once the binary is present).
I'd do it as a set of per-component stub configs, and have one for each
*.opts which just included the relevant for built components on that
run. (possible problem with absolute paths being needed for include)

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6