Re: Tproxy v4 patch for squid 2.7 version

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:47:16 +1200

Visolve Squid Team wrote:
> Hello Developers,
>
> Tproxy-4 patch for squid 2.7 STABLE6 is released.
> Please review the patch and share your views. Based on your comments we
> will also be working on a patch for squid 2.HEAD.
>
> The patch is available at http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid-tproxy.php
> <http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid-tproxy.php>
> Thanks
> ViSolve Squid Team.
> http://www.visolve.com

Seems fine as an third-party patch.

Just note that any new version intended for merging with 2.HEAD must
keep the old TProxy v2 support and must match the Squid-3 squid.conf and
./configure interface.

Please also note that netfilter and user testing detected trouble in the
original older kernel ports provided by Balabit. I have not seen any
sign of their patches being updated with those fixes made to 2.6.28.
They should be used with great care.

It would be useful if this patch at least introduced the 'tproxy' port
option inline with the Squid-3 interface. During testing of TPROXY
target we found it 100% incompatible with the transparent/intercept NAT
handling so using 'transparent' option brings up many errors when Squid
is built with both.

There has also this week been a patch submitted to allow TPROXY
operation on CONNECT requests. You may want to add that.
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/HEAD/changesets/b9652.patch

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7