Re: r9630 and debug_options rotate=N setting

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:49:01 -0600

On 04/12/2009 02:17 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> revno: 9630
> - adds debug_options rotate=N setting
>

> <tag>logfile_rotate</tag>
> + <p>No longer controls cache.log rotation. Use debug_options
> rotate=N instead.

This change seems rather odd, backward-incompatible, and inconvenient in
many typical setups where all logs must be rotated and archived
together. Could you please restore the old behavior _if_ no explicit
"debug_options rotate=N" was specified?

Also, does not the new rotate option belong to cache_log? Debug_options
are about debugging and not cache log file maintenance...

Thank you,

Alex.
P.S. Sorry if I missed this discussion on squid-dev. I am catching up.