Re: Introducing myself

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:56:46 +1200

Alistair Reay wrote:
> Hi Alex, I think that'd be a good idea. The main thing stopping my
> company using Squid 3 is the lack of collapsed_forwarding. I'll find out
> who in the dev community is working on this and lend a hand.

Right now. Nobody I know of. We are concentrating on the shuffling
needed to get 3.1 out the door properly.

It's on the must-do list of stuff hoping to be in the next release
though. So any help you can give that way would be a step forward.

IIRC there is an old port for 3.0 which Henrick started on the old
devel.squid-cache.org CVS. I think it was either not quite complete
enough or waiting some tested before merging and got left to long. It
needs checking to see how relevant it is now and updating if it's still
useful or re-writing if not.

P.S.
  Hi Alistair :)
It's good to see other interest here in NZ.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7