Re: status of bugs 2540 and 2541

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:43:53 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi,
>
> Sent these patches quite some time ago.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

They got lost in the data heap that is Squid-2 bugs.

The Squid-2 is being left mostly fallow these days as the active
developers are all working on Squid-3. Since the Squid-3 code is
identical in these spots, if we can work out the correct fixes they are
likely to be fixed there first and back-ported.

2450: The URL normalization does appear to be incomplete. A new option is
not needed though. I'd prefer if the normalization was fixed to make vport
usable this way.

2451: I'm not keen on adding goto to the code. See bug report for new patch.

Also, I would like to add some unit-tests to verify the correct behavior
in future. Are you able to specify the input states to strListGetItem()
that you see triggering this failure and what is expected to be correct
handling.

Thanks
Amos