Re: 3.0 assertion in comm.cc:572

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:16:41 +0800

2009/5/11 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:
> We have one user with a fairly serious production machine hitting this
> assertion.
> It's an attempted comm_read of closed FD after reconfigure.
>
> Nasty, but I think the asserts can be converted to a nop return. Does anyone
> know of a subsystem that would fail badly after a failed read with all its
> sockets and networking closed anyway?

That will bite you later on if/when you wanted to move to support
Windows overlapped IO / POSIX AIO style kernel async IO on network
sockets. You don't want read's scheduled on FDs that are closed; nor
do you want the FD closed during the execution of the read.

Figure out what is scheduling a read / what is scheduling the
completion incorrectly and fix the bug.

Adrian