3.1 update

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:28:20 +1200

Time for the final polishing to finally begin.

Alex has agreed to formally breaking the SourceLayout feature into
mini-parts and placing each of those parts under the same policy for
inclusion as everything else.

This means we are down to bugs-only and I can set the 'freeze' for stuff
being ported back to 3.1. I've arbitrarily chosen the next point release
end-June/early-July as that deadline, but will be starting to judge each
commit from now.

3.2 stuff can start to go into 3.HEAD right NOW. Please submit to
squid-dev anything that has been waiting, so the audit process can begin
on it.

Stuff that must be finished for 3.1.1:

   Bugs. I'll get to details later. For now any open against 3.*,
particularly if shown to exit in 3.1.* or 3.HEAD

Stuff trying to get into 3.1.1:

   final language deprecations (me)
   HTTP/1.1 compliance testing (mark? yes, still waiting).
   any small areas of SourceLayout people can think of and get done
   windows support
   langpack aliasing script
   man pages ;)

Anything else I need to think about back-porting despite the bug-freeze?

Some luck and help and we might have 3.1 done this year.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1