Re: Launchpad: Squid translation uploads

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:47:50 +1200

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:04:06 +1000, Robert Collins
<robertc_at_squid-cache.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 19:13 +0700, Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> I'm reviewing the translation template "errors/errpages.pot" you
>> uploaded to Squid.
>
> Actually, *I* didn't upload it. I've cc'd the squid developers list, I'm
> sure one of the other developers, probably Amos, did. I filed a bug a
> couple of weeks back about launchpad being confused as to who did the
> upload.

Yes it was me. I've been annoyed by that upload issue.
It's happening for the .po as well, attributing the translator changes to
committer despite the .po headers.

>> There is already a template "errors/dictionary.pot" in that directory.
>> At first glance I'd say your upload is probably meant to be an update of

>> that template, but of course Launchpad doesn't want to make that leap
>> and potentially wreak havoc.
>>
>> We heartily recommend not having more than one template in a directory.
>> All in all my best guess is that this is an update for
>> errors/dictionary.pot. To get the uploads approved automatically you'd
>> need to use exactly the same filename. Assuming that this is indeed an
>> update, would you like me to rename the "dictionary" template, so that
>> future uploads of errors/errpages.pot will go in automatically (but
>> uploads of errors/dictionary.pot won't)?

Yes please. This is a case of renaming the existing .pot to fix a developer
design error.
We have had no issue with automatic updates of the .pot content, nor with
the automatic addition of new .pot from bzr sources. Those are both working
wonderfully.

>> BTW auto-approval is a lot more aggressive for imports from bzr
>> branches. So you may be interested in setting up direct import from the

>> source tree. There may be some initial confusion if paths differ, but
>> after that it'll go more smoothly.
>
> I think thats a good idea, so we'll probably do that.
>
> -Rob

Besides the attribution errors we are not having any issues with the
regular translation events. I was kind of expecting this one to throw up a
manual check. It's an exception to the process and won't be happening
regularly.

Amos