Re: Launchpad: Squid translation uploads

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:22:56 +1200

Jeroen Vermeulen wrote:
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:04:06 +1000, Robert Collins
>> <robertc_at_squid-cache.org>
>> wrote:
>
>>> Actually, *I* didn't upload it. I've cc'd the squid developers list, I'm
>>> sure one of the other developers, probably Amos, did. I filed a bug a
>>> couple of weeks back about launchpad being confused as to who did the
>>> upload.
>>
>> Yes it was me. I've been annoyed by that upload issue.
>> It's happening for the .po as well, attributing the translator changes to
>> committer despite the .po headers.
>
> These sound like two separate technical issues: attribution of the
> translations in a file, and the record of who uploaded the file. The
> latter is much more straightforward, and it's very surprising to me that
> it should go wrong.
>
> In fact if it does go wrong I don't see why it should be picking "almost
> the right person." Could there be a browser cookie persisting on Amos'
> machine from when Robert was logged in? Perhaps the same browser has
> cookies for Robert being logged in on the beta site (edge.launchpad.net)
> and Amos being logged in on the main production site (regular
> launchpad.net)?

I very much doubt that. We are in different countries and don't have web
access through the same machines.

Robert is the registered 'owner' of the bzr branch import into launchpad.

I'm the upstream committer of the .pot/.po changes that bzr has records
about.

>> Yes please. This is a case of renaming the existing .pot to fix a
>> developer
>> design error.
>
> Done.
>

>> Besides the attribution errors we are not having any issues with the
>> regular translation events. I was kind of expecting this one to throw
>> up a
>> manual check. It's an exception to the process and won't be happening
>> regularly.
>
> Glad to hear this. It shouldn't be surprising, but obviously the part
> where things work normally is the part one hears least about.
>

> Jeroen

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8