Re: about https support for transparent proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:32:45 +0200

sön 2009-06-28 klockan 14:18 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> Ok, but can you tell what the patch does? Forwards raw SSL connections
> to the next hop, as if Squid was a TCP proxy?

Yes.

> Something else?

Not really. But supports both forwarded mode and standalone (connecting
direct, or via a parent proxy).

> > Do not work with SslBump I think. SslBump requires the CONNECT right?
>
> I do not think so. In my tests, SslBump worked for WCCP-intercepted SSL
> connections.

Are you sure that's SslBump, and not just https_port?

https_port works kind of in interception mode, if the certificate
warnings/errors is ignored.. has always been like that just not
documented very well.

Note: SslBump (long term) could be made to work in interception mode
with modern browsers sending the requested hostname in the initial SSL
hello message.