Caching everything and only refetch on client request

From: Thibaut_ <tbritz_at_blue.lu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 05:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to configure squid to cache every server response and only
refetch a web page if my client application says so (e.g through a
Pragma:No-cache header on the client site).

I'm using the following refresh pattern and also disabled the hierarchy stop
list:
refresh_pattern . 1440 20% 4320 ignore-no-store
override-expire override-lastmod ignore-no-cache ignore-private ignore-auth

However Squid won't cache webpages sending back the following headers (eg
from faulty configured webservers out of my control!):
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:23:45 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0,
pre-check=0

I see no option forcing squid to ignore these headers and to cache the page.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an option to drop certain headers
from the server response. (There is one option to replace the client headers
(header_replace) but no option to do this for the server response)

Could somebody point me to the source code file which I could patch to drop
certain headers from the server response?

Thanks,
Thibaut