Re: [MERGE] 1/2: Populate cache_mem on disk hits

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:40:04 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Kinkie wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Henrik
> Nordstrom<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
>> squid.conf option for tuning when to keep objects in memory.
>
> +1 for the change :)

Henrik, please commit if you do not hear any objections. I am looking
forward to benchmarking this important change.

> (adri pointed out on IRC that it may put more pressure on cache_mem,
> so some tweaks may be warranted)
>
> Also, a possible improvement might be to use a fast reply ACL lookup
> instead of (or in addition to) the config-wide flag to define what
> goes back into cache_mem.

An ACL that controls what goes into mem_cache may be useful but I
would not tie it to the source of the object (disk versus network), at
least not as the first enhancement.

Thanks,

Alex.