Re: excessive RAM growth due to unlimited adapted body data consumption

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:04:31 -0600

On 08/18/2009 02:11 AM, Martin Huter wrote:
> squids ICAP adaptation implementation does not check adapted body-pipes buffer
> size before reading from an ICAP-server.
>
> If the client does not read from the open connection (i.e. the user does not
> confirm the browsers download-message-box in microsofts IE), squid keeps on
> reading data from the ICAP server into the body pipe, whilst no more data
> can be delivered to the client.
> Thus the adapted body pipes buffer is growing unlimited which causes excessive
> RAM growth.
>
> this issue was reported as bugzilla bug 2619 and the attached patch (applies
> to 3.1 and 3.HEAD) should fix the issue.
>
> please review the patch and feel free to comment it.

+1

I have reviewed the functional changes in the patches for this bug and
agree with them.

Ideally, a few things should be renamed and polished, but I do not have
the time to work on that right now. If nobody else has the time, the
patches can be committed without polishing as they do fix a rather
important and difficult to track bug.

Thank you,

Alex.
P.S. Please subscribe Martin if you can.